UConn plant diagnostic lab services are available for home pest and plant problems and for professional growers and the green industry.
- Image identification (insect or plant) and diagnosis. Send images to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- Plant sample submission app identification and diagnosis. The Plant Sample Submission App, developed in cooperation with Purdue and other universities, is supported by the UConn Plant Diagnostic Lab. The download is free and is available for iPhone and iPad from the app store. If UConn is the selected lab in the app, submissions, including information & images, go directly to the UConn diagnostician’s email. You will receive a response within 1-2 business days.
- The standard fee for all samples submitted to the diagnostic lab is $15.oo per sample. An invoice will be sent with your report. It is not necessary to send payment with your sample.
- A few tests require additional fees (ie some virus tests). You will be contacted for approval prior to any tests requiring extra fees.
- Diagnostic fees are currently (through 8/31/16) covered by a USDA NIFA CPPM grant for Connecticut commercial growers (farm, greenhouse, nursery).
Diagnostic services are provided free of charge by Master Gardeners at every UConn County Extension Center and the Bartlett Arboretum in Stamford. Please contact your local UConn Extension Center for more information.